Automated shades help boost building efficiency (Video - part 2)
A daylighting system can save up to 70 percent in lighting costs for a building. An advanced, scientific, automated-shading system, SolarTrac by MechoSystems is designed to maximize natural daylight. The system increases energy efficiency while providing occupants with a comfortable environment and views to the outside.
SolarTrac automatically controls roller shades so they:
• Have the potential to deliver significant reductions in energy- peak demands over a project’s lifetime.
• Adjust to various positions
on the window, which are appropriate to the sun’s position in the sky, microclimatic sky conditions, and the building location, orientation, and geometry.
• Raise when windows are in shadow to maximize daylight and view.
• Lower when the sun is bright to increase comfort.
• Provide a view to the outside, even when lowered.
• Maximize daylight opportunities while providing a view to the outside when direct solar penetration occurs.
• Operate in tandem with other manufacturers’ electric-lighting controls, which adjust light levels based on the amount of daylight the shades allow into the space.
Topics: Architectural Firms, Automation and Controls, Building Owners and Managers, Construction Firms, Daylighting / Skylights / Natural Lighting, Energy Saving Products, Engineering Firms, Technology, Windows - Glass and Glazing Strategies and Systems
Each home in the Latitude project was designed to provide a low-maintenance, energy-efficient lifestyle.
Self-cleaning technology, automation remove contaminants, extend life of HVAC units
FreshAire PTAC focuses on multifamily, lodging, commercial spaces
Lux's Kono technology automatically adjusts for optimal comfort, savings
Ventacity Systems technology helps commercial users optimize efficiency, create healthy environment
All unit components designed to be removed in less than 10 minutes
Aesthetics only part of appeal of Johnson Controls' newest product
Rooftop unit helps lead Rheem's commercial line expansion
Solution design focuses on positive up-front, back-end financial impact
Samsung anticipates technology to be game-changer
Technology gives HVAC units 'mind of its own'
Improving efficiency, occupant comfort key as building envelopes tighten