New lighting products shed light on patient rooms
Photo courtesy of Hubbell Lighting
Hubbell Lighting, a leader in lighting innovation, has unveiled two products the company says will improve the value of traditional fixtures in the patient rooms at health care facilities.
While many current solutions were converted to solid-state from fluorescent, Hubbell has designed around the characteristics of solid-state solutions – eliminating the need to compromise on luminaire performance or aesthetics.
The addition of Evexia and MediMode to patient rooms will use LED lighting to help improve operations, reduce maintenance and save money, according to a press release from Hubbell. From recessed downlights in the lobby, emergency lighting, exterior pole lights and parking garage fixtures and office space troffers, Hubbell Lighting is focusing the solutions on all health care facility lighting applications.
“We have focused on the needs of the patient, medical personnel and facility management to create solutions that support the healing process and respond to the operational concerns of these facilities,” said John Hollander, director of brand development at Hubbell Lighting. “In the patient room specifically, the lighting must support tasks that range from a patient reading a magazine to a physician conducting a critical medical evaluation. This can only be accomplished with luminaire designs that are more architectural and less institutional in appearance – responding to the movement of a more inviting and relaxed environment for the patient.”
Evexia LED Patient Bed Light
The Evexia is designed to meet the various requirements of demanding health care environments, such as patient rooms and examination spaces. Specifically, it’s an option for illumination in the patient bed environment. The combination of product aesthetics, functional performance, durable construction, ease of installation and dedicated LED design makes it a desirable option against market alternatives.
Features and benefits include:
- Contoured shape that enhances performance and simplifies cleaning.
- Die-cast end-caps and extruded aluminum body that provides durability.
- Ambient and reading illumination that features an optional night light.
- Antimicrobial finish that comes in three standard colors.
- Multiple switching and control options.
MediMode Multi-function Recessed Patient Light
The MediMode is a multi-function recessed patient light designed to fulfill illumination requirements or the patient environment. It addresses the ambient, reading and examination needs with an overall design that is architecturally pleasing.
Designed with both the patient and medical professional’s needs in mind, MediMode strikes a balance between visual comfort and high quality illumination for critical tasks. Indirect optical compartments provide soft, low-glare ambient and reading illumination while a separate compartment delivers more than 100 foot candles of uniform lighting on the bed surface for patient examination.
Features and benefits include:
- Availablability in both 2×4 and 2×2 sizes, and an optional full-lensed door is available with a stainless steel hinge (IP 65-rated) or with perimeter screws (IP 65- and NSF2-rated).
- Designed for varied illumination requirements with four modes of operation – reading, ambient, exam and optional night light in white (3000K) or amber (590 nm).
- Standard antimicrobial compound additive to all exposed painted surfaces to inhibit the growth of microbes.
- An optional full-lensed door is available with full stainless steel hinge (IP65 rated) or with perimeter screws (IP65 and NSF2 rated).
- Easy access to the gear tray and LED board assembly.
- Multiple switching and control options using low-voltage controller.