Delta HQ renovation poised for energy savings
Delta, a leader in power and thermal management solutions, has completed an extensive renovation and upgrade of its Netherlands headquarters office into a green building capable of achieving up to 45 percent expected annual energy savings.
The facility has been certified as a BREEAM sustainable facility with "very good" rating by the Dutch Green Building Council, and boasting a Dutch "A-class Building" energy label, according to a press release.
Delta transformed the 30-year-old existing office building into a sustainable working environment, the implementation of a wide range of technologies including the building management and control system (BMCS), the Delta Energy Online building energy management system and energy-saving solutions such as PV inverters, energy storage, EV chargers and converters for peak shaving.
“We echo the efforts of the Dutch government in making existing buildings greener, instead of just constructing new buildings,” said Jackie Chang, president and general manager of Delta. “The granting of the BREEAM certification further validates our profile as a total solutions provider.
Techniques integrated into the green building are:
- Building Management and Control System (BMCS): This smart building automation platform is based on technologies developed by our subsidiary LOYTEC electronics. This advanced cloud-ready platform is compatible with all open communication protocols available now in building control, thus, enabling a highly effective, cost-efficient and eco-friendly management of the entire building. All sub-systems installed for HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), lighting, room climate control, power generation and energy storage are linked and managed by Delta's BMCS.
- The Delta Energy Online platform: This energy management system, furnishes comprehensive, real-time and historical visualized analysis of the entire building's energy use to provide HQ facility managers with meaningful support for their strategic plans regarding energy efficiency.
- Renewable Energy Solutions: The rooftop of the building is equipped with a 58.24kW solar system supported by Delta's PV inverters with efficiency up to 98.6 percent. The green power can be optimally used by a 48kWh battery energy storage system (BESS) with Delta's 100kW power conversion system, providing bi-directional energy conversion between the PV system, the BESS and the grid, thus, enabling peak shaving functions that further sharpen electricity consumption efficiency.
- LED Lighting Solutions: High-efficiency LED lighting products, smart sensors, actuators as well as LOYTEC's DALI system also integrate as an intelligent building automation platform that creates a smart lighting system. Visual comfort and energy savings are both accomplished by constant light control with user presence and lux level detection. Thus, dimming function takes into account ambient natural lighting.
- EV Charging Solutions: The installation includes one 150kW DC Ultra-Fast EV Charger and 8 AC EVSE (EV Supply Equipment) units. The DC Ultra-Fast Charger is capable of charging of up to 4 electric cars simultaneously, with 2 DC fast charging up to 50 kW, superior to current market EV chargers.
Topics: Architectural Firms, Automation and Controls, Building Owners and Managers, Construction Firms, Consulting - Green & Sustainable Strategies and Solutions, Energy Audit / Energy Management, Energy Saving Products, Energy Storage - Solar Energy Storage, Engineering Firms, Exteriors, Great Commercial Buildings, Interiors, Lighting - Energy Efficient Lighting, Office Buildings, Solar Energy & Solar Power, Sustainable Communities, Technology, Urban Planning and Design