Businesses recognized for commercial building rooftop unit efficiencies
Seven organizations have been recognized by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Advanced Rooftop Unit (RTU) Campaign for leadership in installing more energy efficient RTUs in commercial buildings.
As part of the Better Buildings Initiative, the Advanced RTU Campaign works with commercial building owners, managers and operators that wish to upgrade to high-efficiency RTU technologies and practices in commercial buildings, as well as utilities, energy efficiency organizations, contractors and manufacturers that can assist.
Since its 2013 launch, more than 300 partners have replaced or upgraded close to 115,000 units, saving more than $90 million in energy costs annually.
The following organizations were recognized this year:
- WALGREENS: Highest number of high-efficiency RTU installations and advanced RTU control retrofits. Walgreens replaced 3,988 RTUs with high-efficiency units, resulting in more than 35.7 million kWh annual savings.
- DAVITA INC.: Highest number of automated fault detection and diagnostic (AFDD) installations on RTUs. DaVita installed 4,889 AFDD systems on its RTUs.
- SHEETZ. Most innovative intelligent control installations for RTUs. Sheetz applied innovative control strategies that save energy and improve occupant comfort in convenience stores.
- LIFE TIME FITNESS. Largest RTU efficiency gain from integration of multiple building systems. Life Time Fitness has implemented creative solutions to integrate several systems that resulted in significant reductions in RTU runtimes and improved performance.
- MASS SAVE (with ENERGY SOLUTIONS). Highest number of high-efficiency RTU installations and advanced RTU control retrofits through an efficiency program. The Energy Solutions program reported 6,444 high-efficiency RTU installations in Massachusetts, resulting in more than 9.6 million kWh annual savings.
- TRI PACIFIC HEATING & A/C. Highest number of high-efficiency RTU installations and advanced RTU control retrofits by a contractor/service provider. Tri-Pacific reported 873 advanced RTU control retrofits in California, resulting in more than 5 million kWh annual savings.
- TRANSFORMATIVE WAVE. Highest number of automated fault detection and diagnostic (AFDD) installations on RTUs. Transformative Wave supported 953 AFDD system installations.
Topics: Associations / Organizations, Building Owners and Managers, Energy Saving Products, Great Commercial Buildings, Healthy & Comfortable Buildings, HVAC - Heating, Cooling, and Ventilation, Technology, Ventilation
Companies: U.S. Department of Energy