5 reasons to install a ductless heating, cooling system
As heat and humidity grip many parts of the nation, controlling the temperature of the home, be it a single or multi-family structure, is an important part of daily comfort. But outdated and inefficient units may leave the home uncomfortable during the dog days of summer. The desire to keep cool can be lose to the desire to avoid a huge utility bill next month.
But there may be a solution that lowers your energy bills while keeping homes comfortable. T. Webber Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning, a family owned and operated home services company serving the Hudson Valley in New York, offers advice to determine if a ductless air conditioning system would make a good fit.
Owner Tommy Webber offers the top five benefits of installing a ductless mini-split air conditioning system:
- Customized cooling and heating – The major benefit of the installation of a mini-split ductless system is it has the ability to allow for customized heating and cooling throughout various areas. This allows for one room to be warm and another to be cold, all without inconveniencing anyone. Several air-handling units can hook up to one outdoor system with each zone featuring its own thermostat for convenience.
- Adding AC with no existing ductwork – To retrofit ductwork in an existing structure requires taking away space to make way for the ducts. Ceilings would be lowered or space would have to be carved out of the rooms. Unlike ducted systems, the footprint of a ductless system is minimal.
- New additions to the home – Summer is the time of the year for repurposing spaces or building additions. To have climate control in that space, you only have two options: a ductless system or having additional remodels done to expand ductwork to the garage. The least invasive and fastest way to heat and cool a new addition or a repurposed room is to add a mini-split system.
- Cost less to operate – The ductless systems are not only great for the environment, but they use substantially less energy. Homeowners can save 20-30 percent per month on their utility bills by switching to a ductless mini-split system.
- Improve indoor air quality – With traditional ducted HVAC systems, air ducts must be professionally cleaned on a regular basis, and even after cleaning, dust and allergens are left behind. Ductless systems offer multi-stage filtration that can drastically reduce dust, bacteria, pollen, allergens and other particles in the air.
Topics: Architectural Firms, Automation and Controls, Building Owners and Managers, Construction Firms, Consulting - Green & Sustainable Strategies and Solutions, Energy Saving Products, HVAC - Heating & Cooling & Ventilation, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), Interiors, Technology, Ventilation